On November 27, 2020, the NHDS Steering Committee had their first meeting supported by CRKN as Secretariat. At that meeting, new governance structure and Terms of Reference were accepted. As a result, the NHDS Steering Committee members voted to form a new Executive Committee and for the existing NHDS Steering Committee to become the NHDS Advisory Committee.
The NHDS Advisory Committee appointed the following members to the Executive Committee:
• David Alexander, A/Vice President of Collections and Research, Royal BC Museum
• Clare Appavoo, Executive Director, Canadian Research Knowledge Network
• Jonathan Bengtson, University Librarian, University of Victoria
• Ry Moran, Associate University Librarian – Reconciliation, University of Victoria
• Paul Takala, Chief Librarian/CEO, Hamilton Public Library
• Carole Urbain, Senior Director, Academic Affairs, McGill University & Archives
• Leslie Weir, Librarian and Archivist of Canada, Library and Archives Canada
The first meeting of the NHDS Executive Committee was held on February 24, 2021. Jonathan Bengtson, University Librarian at the University of Victoria, was appointed Chair of the Executive Committee, and Carole Urbain, Senior Director, Academic Affairs at McGill University Library and Archives, was appointed Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee and Chair of the Advisory Committee. We wish to thank Paul Takala, Chief Librarian/CEO of Hamilton Public Library for his service as Chair of the NHDS Steering Committee through the transition of Secretariat to CRKN.
A Call for Expressions of Interest for the NHDS Advisory Committee was held from February 4, 2021 until February 23, 2021 and received over 30 expressions of interest. We are pleased to expand the Advisory Committee this calendar year to help encompass the breadth and diversity of the Canadian GLAM community. A full list of the current members of the NDHS Advisory Committee can be found here.
Considering the updates to governance, as well as new developments in the heritage content, digitization, and preservation sector in Canada, the NHDS Executive and Advisory Committees will be undertaking a strategic planning process to update the 2018-2019 Business Plan and renew the NHDS mandate with the community. The strategic planning process will include surveys, webinars, and one-on-one stakeholder calls. More information on the strategic planning process will be shared soon.
For more information, please contact email@example.com